Friday, May 1, 2009

Lowering a Bear's Self Esteem

Helloooo from Hot Springs, North Carolina - first town we actually just walk into and the trail goes down Main St. They have a Dollar General here...it's kind of a dream. Special thanks to Mr. Michaelson for the Popcorn Sutton update. I actually met a hiker named Junior who happened to have some of his last batch o'moonshine and it was apparently deeelicious.

Stayed at an amazin hostel here last night called Elmer's Sunnybank Inn. It's a big oole house built in 1840 with a library, music room (with a banjer), pancakes in the morning, porch swings - good stuff. Needed the sleep too cause the night before we had another bear in camp on Bluff Mtn. I shall name this bear "Persistent" since he came back 5 times and got two food bags (not mine!). Hiker 'silver hammer' was saying before we went to bed that he really wanted to boo a bear. You know...make it feel a little bad about itself. Strategy was unfortunately not so effective. I don't think it was until the whole camp threw rocks and sang Bohemian Rhapsody to it that Persistent the Bear took off to be booed and fed elsewhere.

Otherwise the wildflowers have been beautiful (I swear I'll get pics up one of these days), the cabot cheese plentiful, and Hot Springs most wonderful. And to those of you giving me a hard time about how often I have internet access - well...yeah. Deal. Who's going to Cheatfest this weekend instead of Gold Cup?

Next stop will be Erwin, TN and Kaethe I unfortunately can't haul ass up to Hanover by June 14th. But I wish Scott a wonderful graduation - I remember when he was a wee prospie(they grow up so fast!) Peace a'pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment