Sunday, May 10, 2009

I Think I Caught the Giardia, Pop

Morning, morning and a Happy Mother's Day to all the Mamas out there. I will be giving mine a call shortly (letting you sleep in Mama Kath!). Currently at Laurel Fork Lodge near Hampton, TN and two days hiking from Damascus!! Pondering attempting the 40mi challenge which is doing the last 40mi into Damascus in a day. Could be interesting/painful/and/or/silly. We'll see. In other news, Ms. Clare Fieseler just left me (sniff) after 3 days with me on this here trail. She rolled up to Roan Mountain, TN on Friday just in time to share a tent with me on the night I caught the wicked 24hr flu making rounds with thru-hikers. After a fine 10-12 hrs of dry-heaving, moaning, whining, throwin back immodium, throwin it back up and mentally writing my will, things started to turn around and we were able to make it 3-4mi into the woods. Then in a Fieseler Feat of Strength, she accompanied me on a 20mi day into Hampton, TN where we happened upon a cabin where former thru-hikers were throwing a big hiker feed complete with pasta, s'mores and Franzia...best trail magic yet. I believe we'll see a post on here from Ms. Fieseler herself when she gets back to Durham, so hold your breath.

I have more I want to write on Erwin, TN from 4 days or so back, from Clare's wonderful visit and general plans going forward, but I'm a lazy piece that needs to tend to laundry at the moment...so until then.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're feeling better (right?)... trail magic sounds divine. I may have to participate and leave some goodies on the AT since I'll be nearby it in a few weeks! Although it sounds like you won't benefit directly, maybe it will be good karma and magically create more trail magic for you... one can hope.

    Miss ya! Thinking of you... stay dry :)

    ReplyDelete