Saturday, June 20, 2009

Mason-Dixon

Greetings greetings and sorry it's been a few weeks here. Since I last updated I've crossed over from 'Appalatcha' into 'Appalaysha' as I crossed the MD-PA border and hit the North.
I've turned 25.
I've experimented with trying to make buttermilk biscuits with an alcohol burning stove.
I've lost a sock that was near and dear to m'heart.
It's rained.
Fireflies have come out.
I met a SouthBounder who genuinely thinks he's capable of sorcery.
I learned that I was the 332nd thru-hiker to reach Harpers Ferry, WV this year and have their picture taken for the books at the Appalachian Trail Conservancy Visitors Center. I have no idea what this number actually means to me, but Harpers Ferry - at mile 1013 - is the psychological halfway point and apparently only 50% of us will reach Maine from here.

Much more to write but I'm actually in good old Newtown Square, PA right now taking a much needed 24hr break from trail life and I have pancakes to tend to. So I'll get back to the blog later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment